Terms and conditions for the 2023 Digital Marketing & Customer Journey Survey – competition rules and details
Terms & Conditions
- This Competition (the Competition) is conducted by Social Places (Pty) Ltd (Social Places) (the Promoter) and may only be entered into by consumers who are residents in South Africa and are eighteen (18) years or older.
- No persons who are directors or employees or consultants to the Promoter may enter into the Competition.
- A copy of these Competition rules (the Rules) is available on www.socialplaces.co.za
These Rules may be amended by reasonable notification via the Social Places website at any time during the Competition and will be applied and interpreted by the Promoter and their decisions regarding any disputes relating to such meaning and/or content will be final and binding.
- Participation by the entrants in the Competition constitutes an agreement to abide by these Rules.
- The Competition starts at 8am on 8 November 2022 and ends at 6pm 31 January 2023.
- To enter, entrants must complete and submit the survey during the competition period.
- 1 lucky person will win one of the stipulated prizes (R5000 Takealot/$500 Amazon voucher) in each region (South Africa, Australia, and the United States).
- The winners will be announced on 15 February 2023. South African winners will receive R5000 Takealot vouchers, Australian winners will receive AU$500 and American winners will receive US$500
- The winners of the prizes will be chosen at random and will be contacted via email, phone, or social media.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook and/or Instagram, or LinkedIn.
- The winners will be required to forward copies of their Identity Documents and details of their address to Social Places (Pty) Ltd within the time period stipulated by Social Places. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners, however, if the winners do not respond to the notification/s and/or provide the required documents within 5 (five) days after Social Places has informed him or her that he/she/they has won the prize, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and Social Places will be entitled to re-draw a new winner. Shortly after the winners have complied with the above requirements, the winners will be contacted by a Social Places representative, who will confirm delivery address details and the approximate delivery date of the prize.
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash, and, to the maximum extent permitted in law, the Promoters and their subsidiary and holding companies are not liable for any defects in, or changes to, any part of the prize. No entry substitutions will be accepted once the winners details have been captured. Social Places and their subsidiary and holding companies are not liable for any defects in, or changes to, any part of the prize.
- To the maximum extent permitted in law, the owners of Social Places (Pty) Ltd, or any holding or subsidiary companies of any of them, or any of their respective directors, officers, managers, employees, agents, franchisees, or anyone associated with any of them, shall not incur any liability to any person for any injury, loss, claim or damage of any nature whatsoever whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, as a result of (or in any way connected to) any person entering into, or arising from any cause whatsoever or howsoever arising from any persons participation in any way, in this Competition or as a result of (or in any way connected to) any prizes won there under (any such prizes being utilized and accepted at the sole and own risk of any winner thereof).
- In the event of a dispute in respect of any aspect of the Competition, Social Places decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Competition, entrants agree to receive further communication and direct marketing material from Social Places, and its holding and subsidiary companies, provided that the entrants may opt-out of receiving commercial communications at any time via the appropriate opt-out mechanisms provided by Social Places for such purpose.
- This Competition shall comply with, and will be subject to, any peremptory provisions of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) and the regulations promulgated thereunder, which are deemed to be incorporated herein (Peremptory Provisions). In the event of any conflict between these Rules and the Peremptory Provisions, the latter shall prevail. Copies of the CPA and the regulations promulgated thereunder are available on the Department of Trade and Industry Website: www.dti.gov.za.
- Any provision of these Rules or the Competition which is held to be invalid or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions thereof.